By Chaz Douglas
God has given us different gifts and we must go to him so we will know how to use what he has given us. God only gave Manoah and his wife the gift of Samson so they will have specific questions for God based on the awesome gift they had been given. We have gifts, abilities, and talents that God has given us that we must ask specific questions to God on how he wants us to use them.
Here are some tips of what we should do with our gifts:
- God wants us to come to him to learn how he wants us to use the gifts that he has given us. There are specific places, times, and groups of people that God wants us to minister to with our gifts. We have to come to him s
- “So Manoah asked him, `When your words come true, what kind of rules should govern the boy’s life and work” (Judges 13:12 NLT)?
- As we live our lives for Christ there are specific questions we should ask God that are designed and tailor made for us. There will be questions that only you can ask God because he has only given you the particular gifts and abilities.
- Manoah didn’t see or speak to the angel but he prayed that the angel be sent again to teach him and his wife how to bring up their son.
- o we can be where he wants us to be, when he wants us to be there, and to help who he wants us to help.
- We should ask God questions to understand specifically what he wants us to do with our gifts. God has made us to have completely different bodies, personalities, education, abilities, and resources. It would behoove us to ask God specifically how he wants us to use our gifts with our unique bodies, education, personalities, abilities, and resources. Remember God gave Manoah the unique son of Samson so he had specific questions based on what God gave him.
What has God given you that only you can ask God about?
About Chaz Douglas:
Chaz Douglas is an educator and member of the United States Air Force Reserve. He has a Bachelors in Education from Eastern Michigan University and a Masters in Educational Leadership from Central Michigan University.
Douglas began teaching Bible Study for the Youth Ministry at his church from the ages 6-1
7. He would later be asked to teach the Youth Ministry’s teachers learning strategies and biblical principles to assist them with the children that they would instruct.
He is currently taking a course by Tom Corson-Knowles an Amazon bestselling author. Douglas believes the course is preparing him to become an author who is produces what readers want.
The reason for writing this series was the experience Douglas had being deployed in the Air Force. He was deployed for six months and used his time at Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait to increase his relationship with God. As he prayed, read, and mediated on the Word of God the Holy Spirit increased his wisdom to be able to write biblical lessons that that men and women can apply in their lives. The Holy Spirit led him to write this series to help all people have a better relationship with the Lord.