I don’t know about you, but this has been one hectic week. I’m not sure if the moon is in the wrong spot but the experience has been in the category from one of my favorite comedians Bill Engvall, “ Here’s your sign”.
Just to give you some of the highlights
- I have a new neighbor. I believe it’s just a lady as I haven’t seen any males going into the apartment. I was awakened by bear sounding noises. Someone snores and it’s quite loud.
- I was to produce pictures of an event that had not happened.
- I was questioned about why I had not called someone who had not given me their number.
- I had an appointment that was cancelled after I had arrived and waited for 30 minutes.
- *Drumroll* The one that takes the cake. My mother was prescribed a medication that clearly states in the instructions for it not to be prescribed to a person with a condition that she has. (No worries, she’s fine. We will not be going back to that doctor anytime soon)
To all of this, all I have to say is Thank God it’s Friday. In terms of this song, I love the energy it brings and it talks about how to keep moving in this crazy world. So join me in a dance of Praise and Worship for the one who gets us through our brightest days and the dealings of not so bright situations.
“I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
In Growth Lessons, I was reminded of this beautiful truth: Our walk with the Lord is a process of growing up into the image of Christ. P. Yates
I would recommend this book for anyone who would like some common sense and light added to their life. C. Cunningham
Great for meditations and daily devotions. N. Thames
Feeling in the middle of the battle? Know who is the one fighting with you. It’s not time to give up. It’s time to Move!!
Join me on the second stop of “On the road with The Road Home”
If you are in the GA area come meet me at Five Spot Yogurtat Snellville from 11am-2pm Both my books will be available for sale. Looking forward to seeing you.
Life is worth living when you know you have a future to look forward to.
There’s a song that I love by Mercy Me, “So Long Self”. I’ve been meaning to share this for a while, but I just couldn’t think of a way. Some things don’t need presentation as they stand alone. This song presents the decision of getting rid of your old self to allow God to live in you. The way it’s presented it’s like when a relationship breaks up. In reality it’s very appropriate. Until we allow Christ to live through us, we are allowing self to make decisions for us. Self and Jesus can’t live together, because like the song says, “there’s not room for two”.
It also talks about how hard it is to get rid of self, just like a break up is…but just like some break ups it’s necessary.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live,
but Christ lives in me.
The life I now live in the body,
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me
So enjoy the song and I hope you get out of it the same thing I did.