This is the time of the year where we usually see where we are, what we have done and where we are headed. Things like losing weight, getting rid of a bad habit, reorganizing finances are at the tip of everyone’s tongue.
I think those are good as long as you have a feasible, realistic plan to get them done. It’s also important to make sure that you have all the resources that you need to make them happen, including support and accountability. Yes, accountability, big, huge word. Do you trust yourself to do it on your own? I don’t. I promise myself I am going to do things all the time and they rarely get done. We all do better when someone is watching, that’s why accountability is so important.
In addition to that, are your goals in accordance with your purpose? We all have a purpose that has been set up by the Creator. Are your current goals in alignment with that or are they all about you?
This is the week when we usually take inventory of our lives. That is usually a good thing anyway. Make a difference this year. Make this year different than all the others. Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure that you include forgiveness in the list. No better way to lose some weight than to let those heavy burdens go.
- Include yourself in the forgiveness list. Sometimes, we have already apologized and even prayed for forgiveness, but we’re still carrying the guilt and the shame. It’s time to let it go!
- Include others in your plans. Like I said before accountability, guidance and support are going to help you achieve your goals.
- Try to include something service related. It will keep you balanced.
- Make sure that your goals are balanced in time and effort.
- Have a blessed 2010!!!
*the image was found online if anyone needs credit for it, please page me*
Posted on December 28, 2009, in Inspirational Thoughts and tagged accountability, forgiveness, giving, Holidays, Inspirational Thoughts, New Year, New Year's Resolutions, weight loss, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.